The invoicing section of Projectorgathers together your time, expenses and milestones onto an invoice. Projector simplifies your invoicing by streamlining an often labor- and paper-intensive process. Bulk create and issue invoices, make final modifications, move them through a flexible and configurable review process, and print and save client-ready invoices.
Who is it For?
The Invoices tab is primarily used by the Finance Manager and staff to browse, create, review, adjust and issue invoices that can be sent to clients for payment. Depending on your Projector configuration, Project Managers and Management team members may also use the Invoices tab to review and approve invoices related to their projects.
Permissions and Settings
Permissions and settings affecting the invoice process.
To view invoices you must have cost center permission View Projects or Maintain Projects and Engagements for the cost centers of the engagements. These permissions will allow you to view the invoices, the time and cost cards on the invoices, and the adjustments made to the invoices, but will not allow you to make any changes to the invoices or approve adjustments.
Act as Finance Approver
The ability to act as a finance approver is granted to a particular user by giving that user the cost center-based Create and Approve Invoices permission for the cost center to which an invoice's engagement belongs. Anyone who has the ability to act as a finance approver can create and delete invoices, create adjustments, approve adjustments and invoices on behalf of Finance, and issue and void invoices.
Act as Project Manager
The ability to act as a project manager is granted to a particular user if that user:
The ability to approve an invoice for management is granted to a particular user by giving that user the cost center-based Management Approval of Invoices permission for the cost center to which an invoice's engagement belongs. Invoices where the total write up or write downs of time and cost exceed a hurdle rate or percentage specified in the Billing tab of the System Settings admin form cannot be issued until management approval is granted.
Project Manager Act as Finance
You may allow your project managers to perform finance manager work through three system settings on the system settings billing tab. These allow a project manager to create an invoice, approve an invoice and issue or void an invoice.
Invoice and Email Templates
- Invoice Browser — browse for existing invoices, create new invoices, or issue, void, delete, mark as paid or post an invoice to the web.
- Create New Invoices Form — create new invoices for outstanding time cards, cost cards, and milestones
- Create Blank Invoices or Credit Memos Form — Creates a draft invoice that contains no time, expenses or milestones.
- Invoice Editor — Edit, adjust, preview, approve and issue invoices
- Invoice Editor Invoice Tab — enter billing data, view a summary of billable items, manage approvals and set your template
- Invoice Editor Time Card Review Tab — lists all the time cards currently included on the invoice. It displays the net effect of all adjustments, access to the history of time cards, and provides powerful tools to revalue, adjust, transfer, add, exclude and split time cards
- Invoice Editor Cost Card Review Tab — lists all the cost cards currently included on the invoice. It displays the net effect of all adjustments, access to the history of cost cards, and provides powerful tools to adjust, transfer, add, and exclude cost cards
- Invoice Editor Milestones Tab — Add, delete, edit, include or exclude milestones for each engagement on this invoice.
- Invoice Editor Adjustment Summary Tab — review and approve adjustments on an invoice
- Invoice Editor Notes Tab — provides an area where you may make notes about the invoice
- Invoice Editor Distribution Tab
- Issue Invoice Form — make final modifications to the invoice number or date, post an invoice to the web, open for viewing, or save to disk
- Invoice Templates — modify stock templates provided by Projector or create your own professional looking templates tailored to meet your business needs
- Invoice Template Manager — displays all the invoice templates available in your installation. From here you can choose to enable or disable templates, modify existing templates, create new templates, modify names, descriptions and the order of templates in Projector drop down lists
- Invoice Template Examples — customizable invoice templates included by default with your installation
- Legacy Invoice Template Examples — view examples and learn how to customize our deprecated templates
- Template Editor — learn how to customize the display of your invoices
- Template Field Lists — list of all values that can be brought into your invoice templates
- Third Party Template Editor Help — Below you will find a list of resources on how to use the template editor. These resources are maintained by third parties and the content is not the responsibility of ProjectorPSA.
- Time Card Adjustment Detail Form — see a detailed view of a single adjustment
- Cost Card Adjustment Detail Form — view details about the net effects of a single adjustment
- Hourly vs. Daily Billing — how to setup invoices to bill based on hourly or daily work
- Invoice Accounting Transactions — when you invoice, what accounting transactions are created?
See our Invoicing How To for easy to read introductions to invoicing.
See our Invoicing FAQ for common questions around invoicing.