Occasionally Projector needs to upgrade a core component called .NET (dot not) for Management Portal. The alert for such updates occurs when you start the Management Portal. The process for installing this update on macOS is a bit different. This page shows you the install process.
Follow these steps to update Projector. If you clicked Download Installer in the alert and already downloaded projector.dmg, you can skip to step 4.
- First, sign into Projector Web
- Click Topics
- Under the Configure category, choose for Mac. If you do not have a download link here then you do not have permission to install or use Management Portal. Speak with your administrator.
- The file projector.dmg is saved to your computer. Double-click the downloaded file.
- Drag the Projector app icon into the Applications folder.
- You will be asked if you want to replace the existing Projector application. Click Replace.
- A warning message will appear. Click Open. The file will be verified and opened.
- Another notification will appear. No need to worry, this refers to macOS versions beyond 10.14 Mojave. Click OK.
- Unless you are actively using other applications you'll see our splash screen.
- Some files supporting Microsoft's .NET technology will be downloaded. Please wait.
- Files will be extracted. Keep waiting!
- Click Continue on this warning dialog. You do not need to worry about these conditions.
- Tick the checkbox I have read and accept the license terms. Then click Install.
- Wait while the .NET 4.6.1 framework update is installed.
- Click Finish. Do not open Projector yet.
- Another download dialog automatically opens.
- You will likely be asked to re-start Projector. Click OK, and then re-start Projector from your launch pad or applications folder
- Finally, you will be prompted to log into Projector.