The System Settings area encompasses several subtabs that govern very basic areas of Projector functionality. Typically these settings are set during initial installation configuration and only modified when there are process changes or basic company information has been updated.
- System Settings General Tab — control your installation name, code, high level accounting transaction rules, client levels, time zone and a standard hours per day
- System Settings Editor Scheduling Tab — define scheduling granularity in minutes and additional settings
- System Settings Editor Project Management Tab — specify detailed task management parameters
- System Settings Editor Time Tab — manage settings related to time entry like email alerts, display, and requirements
- System Settings Editor Cost Tab — manage settings related to expense entry like email alerts, receipt uploads, and invoicing
- System Settings Editor Billing Tab — specify invoice approval criteria, govern who has permission to create and issue invoices, and specify your billing address.
- System Settings Editor Reporting Tab — configure your revenue recognition method, RDC basis, and utilization metric
- System Settings Editor Document Management Tab — configure the storage thresholds for your overall installation, workspaces, and document size in Projector. Use archives to download or remove your data.
- Document Archives — backup or delete files stored in Projector
This area is reached by from the Administration Tab | Setup heading | System Settings subsection. Click the Edit button in the lower right.
Permissions & Settings
Viewing or updating the System Settings editor requires the global permission System Settings.
First Date of Week
When entering time, scheduling, or running reports, this is the first day of the week. This is a read only setting because changing the day in the middle of someone's session could cause problems. For example, if you are scheduling time for the week beginning on Monday and then the first day of the week is changed to Tuesday. Does the time go into the previous week or the next week? For this reason, changing the first day of the week can only be done by contacting support. The support team may have to wait until off-hours to make the change or forcibly end any existing user sessions before making the change.