Occasionally Projector needs to upgrade a core component called .NET (dot net) or other software for Management Portal, such as to support a new macOS version. The alert for such updates occurs when you start the Management Portal. The process for installing this update on macOS is a bit different from other Mac software. This page shows you the install process.
Install Update supporting Big Sur (5 minutes)
NOTE: For a Mac with the Management Portal already installed, this process takes 5 minutes. Please do not uninstall the previous version of Projector. Full a NEW installation, refer to this page.
NOTE: If you already have macOS 11 Big Sur installed, and previously had the Management Portal working under an earlier macOS (such as Catalina), you won't be able to start the current version the Management Portal to trigger the upgrade. Therefore, you'll need to follow the steps below to update Projector.
If you are using macOS 10.15 Catalina or earlier, and you clicked Download Installer in the alert and already downloaded projector.dmg, you can skip to step 4. While this update is intended to add support for Big Sur, all users must make the update even if still using an older macOS version.
- First, sign into Projector Web
- Click Topics
- Under the Configure category, choose for Mac. If you do not have a download link here then you do not have permission to install or use Management Portal. Speak with your administrator.
- The file projector.dmg is saved to your computer. Double-click the downloaded file in the downloads folder.
- Drag the Projector app icon into the Applications folder.
- You will be asked if you want to replace the existing Projector application. Click Replace.
- Once the copying is done, double-click on the Projector application in the Applications folder. A warning message will appear. Click Open. The file will be verified and opened.
Big Sur version:
- A notification about file access may appear. Click OK.
- Unless you are actively using other applications you'll see our splash screen.
- By the way, you may see some other icons appearing in the dock – no need to worry about these.
- A download dialog automatically opens. (1-2 minutes)
- You will be asked to re-start Projector. Click OK, and then re-start Projector from your launch pad or applications folder.
- Finally, you will be prompted to log into Projector.