While this update is intended to add support for Apple Silicon (M1) hardware, ALL users must make the update even if not changing computers.
- Prior to the week of March 8, the update is not automatically triggered. Please log into Projector on the Web, and choose Topics > Configure Management Portal for Mac to download the update. After the download, please skip to step 3.
- Start the Management Portal – you will see the alert shown above. Click Download Installer in the alert.
- The file projector.dmg is saved to your computer. Double-click the downloaded file in the downloads folder.
- Drag the Projector app icon into the Applications folder.
- You will be asked if you want to replace the existing Projector application. Click Replace.
- Apple Silicon M1 Macs only: You may be asked to installed Apple's Rosetta software. This is required for using Projector.
- Once the copying is done, double-click on the Projector application in the Applications folder. A warning message will appear. Click Open. The file will be verified and opened.
Big Sur version:
- A notification about file access may appear. Click OK.
- Unless you are actively using other applications you'll see our splash screen.
- By the way, you may see some other icons appearing in the dock – no need to worry about these.
- A download dialog automatically opens. (1-2 minutes)
- You will be asked to re-start Projector. Click OK, and then re-start Projector from your launch pad or applications folder.
- Finally, you will be prompted to log into Projector.