Occasionally Projector needs to update the Management Portal application on the Mac. The alert for such updates occurs when you start the Management Portal. The process for installing this update on macOS is a bit different from other Mac software. This page shows you the install process.
Install Update supporting Apple Silicon – new M1 hardware
– available March 8, 2021 (5 minutes)
NOTE: For a Mac with the Management Portal already installed, this process takes 5 minutes. Please do not uninstall the previous version of Projector. For a NEW installation, refer to this page.
- Prior to the week of March 815, the update is not automatically triggered. Please Go to app.projectorpsa.com/Install_Projector.dmg or log into Projector on the Web, and choose Topics > Configure Management Portal for Mac to download the update. After the download, please skip to step 3.
Start the Management Portal – you will see the alert shown above. Click Download Installer in the alert.
Note that that after March 15, the update and download will be triggered automatically in the Management Portal.
- The file Install_Projector.dmg is saved to your computer. Double-click the downloaded file in the downloads folder.
- Drag the Projector app icon into the Applications folder.
- You will be asked if you want to replace the existing Projector application. Click Replace.
- Apple Silicon M1 Macs only: You may be asked to installed Apple's Rosetta software. This is required for using Projector.
- Once the copying is done, double-click on the Projector application in the Applications folder. A warning message will appear. Click Open. The file will be verified and opened.
Big Sur version:
- A notification about file access may appear. Click OK.
- Unless you are actively using other applications you'll see our splash screen.
- By the way, you may see some other icons appearing in the dock – no need to worry about these.
- A download dialog automatically opens. (1-2 minutes)
- You will be asked to re-start Projector. Click OK, and then re-start Projector from your launch pad or applications folder.
- Finally, you will be prompted to log into Projector.