Yes, Projector can run on Apple's Mac line of computers running OS X version macOS versions 10.12 14 (SierraMojave) through , 10.15 (Catalina), and 11 (Big Sur). Versions back to 10.12 (Sierra) likely will work but are not officially supported.
The current Management Portal does not yet support Apple hardware based on "Apple Silicon" M1 chips, released November 2020. An update to support the M1 models is anticipated by the end of 2020.
There are a couple limitations discussed in this document broken up by major functional area of our product. Please see the sections below to determine whether those limitations affect you.
Due to the ever increasing relevance of OS XmacOS, Linux, and Tablet operating systems as business environments Projector is continually improving our cross platform compatibility. You will find that with each new release we have more functionality available via our website.
Management Portal can run on OSX macOS with a few limitations. Most of these limitations are due to the fact that third party software is only available on Windows, not on OSXmacOS.
- Microsoft Project Integration - this is a Windows only application
- QuickBooks Desktop Integration - this is a Windows only application
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) Integration - this is a Windows only application
- Invoice Template Editor - this is a Windows only application
- When viewing a grid in Management Portal, the Print button ( ) is disabled. You will need to use the export to Excel button instead. Then print the Excel sheet.
- You can only run one instance of Management Portal at a time
If the limitations or known issues above are a showstopper, you can still access the full functionality of Management Portal on OSXmacOS. You will need to use Boot Camp, a virtual machine, or remote desktop to run the Windows version of Management Portal.
- Virtual Machine - run Windows inside of OSXmacOS. See table below for software options.
- Boot camp - install Windows on your Intel-based Mac and run it instead of OSXmacOS
- Remote Desktop - remote into a Windows based PC